Sunday, February 12, 2012

Finding Joy....

Today, the Young Women  and the leaders sang in sacrament meeting.  We sang "Valiant Faith."  The girls did a fantastic job and brought such a sweet spirit. Our ward has the most amazing youth and I am truly blessed to be amoung these wonderful young women.  They are such an example to me of purity and virtue and strength!


Later in our Mia Maid class, Sister Marrelli gave a great lesson on finding joy and happiness in our lives today.  It made me reflect on the joys of my life.  My greatest joy is my family.  I love being a wife and a mother. My other "great" joys are the gospel and my friends.  My life would be very different without them.  Then I thought about my "simple" joys, such as, a sunset, hearing my children laugh, a bubble bath, warm chocolate chip cookies, curling up to a good book, sipping hot chocolate by a warm fire, snuggling with my hubby while watching a movie, a smile from a stranger and feeling the sun on my face.  We should all take a moment each day to discover one thing that has brought us joy that day and see how that changes our lives.  What a wonderful life I have!

1 comment:

  1. The YW really were amazing yesterday. They sang very beautifully! Enjoy that time with them. I loved being in YW a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete